Power wheelchairs can provide independent mobility, both indoors and out, for people who are unable to propel a manual wheelchair and who find a mobility scooter to be too cumbersome indoors.
We always work with a client’s occupational therapist to determine the most clinically appropriate wheelchair and seating components, and to assist with funding applications, when required. There are a number of considerations that will help you and your therapist to determine the type of power wheelchair that best suits your needs.
- Frequency of use
- Whether the wheelchair will be used indoors, outdoors or both
- Your home environment (e.g. thresholds, size of hallways/doorways/elevators, etc.)
- Whether a ramp/lift will be required to enter your home or to move between rooms and floors
- Size of your vehicle, if transportation of the wheelchair is required
- Whether a vehicle lift will be required for transport
- Whether there is a need for the wheelchair to have a tilt function
- Funding eligibility
Our team of experts is ready to help you find the complete solution to make life accessible. Once you complete the form below, we will connect with you to discuss your equipment selection, individual needs and funding options.