Your Ontario Repair & Maintenance Guide
The Repair Process
If someone else pays for your service, it’s best to contact them first to secure funding. This will simplify the process, allowing Motion to work in collaboration with your funders to speed up repairs. Once you have funding in place, or if you pay for your own service, then contact us to get started right away.
1. Contact Us
Contact the Motion location nearest you. The Motion team will take the time to understand your needs and then guide you through the repair process.
2. Scheduling Your Service Call
Schedule your service call with a trained technician; we can come to you, or visit our location and save!
3. Service Call
During your service call, a technician will identify the work required and, if possible, will do the work on the spot. If your equipment requires additional parts and labour, a follow-up appointment may be needed. Motion will provide you or your funder(s) with a detailed quote of the parts and labour needed to complete the work.
4. Complete Your Repair
Once we have approval to go ahead with the work, we will order any parts that are required and then contact you to schedule a final repair appointment. A service technician will complete the work and collect any outstanding payments that are not covered by a funder.
Repair & Maintenance Programs
Our Repair & Maintenance Programs ensure that our clients’ equipment is running at optimal performance and has minimal unexpected downtime. At Motion, providing a comprehensive Repair and Maintenance Program to support our clients is important to us.
When You Request Service from Motion you can expect:
- A phone call on the day of your visit to confirm you are available and remind you of the appointment time
- Our service technician to be recognizable; wearing a Motion-branded uniform and carrying an ID
- A knowledgeable service technician, trained to handle the most complex equipment needs and supported by the industry’s most experienced team
- A thorough inspection of your equipment to solve the root cause and to highlight repairs that may be needed in the future
- A service technician who is prepared with the necessary tools, the latest technology and many commonly used parts
- A clear explanation of the work to be done and how much it will cost, along with a request for your approval, before we proceed with any work
We look forward to taking care of you.
Motion Service Guarantee
We stand behind our work. If the same issue occurs within 30 days of the original repair, we will fix it for free (parts not included; except when covered under manufacturer warranty).
Motion provides a complete warranty repair service on behalf of the manufacturer for all the equipment we sell. Details regarding your product’s manufacturer warranty will be found in the owner’s manual, instructions or warranty card included with your equipment. Please review this warranty and its restrictions. Warranty coverage may not apply due to regular wear and tear, “abuse” or “neglect” or lack of regular or scheduled maintenance. Note that most manufacturers do not cover the costs associated with labour.