Prime Engineering KidWalk Walking Frame
Kidwalk is the fruit of collaboration between Prime Engineering and Therapist’s from Stanford University's Rehab-Engineering Center. The idea behind Kidwalk is that children need a means to independently explore their environment. Self-initiated movement is key to developing neural and motor skills, learning spatial relationships and exploring their world the same way that a child without physical limitations would. It is vital in early childhood development to allow this type of exploration.
- Hands free mobility
- Lateral weight shift during ambulation
- Small turning radius
- Rolls over carpets
- Mid-wheel design encourages rotation of the upper body over the pelvis while turning
- Weight shift mechanism allows work on balance and motor development during therapy
- Auto centering pelvic guides align the trunk, pelvis and legs.
- Client placement achieved by one person
- Positioning equipment and height easily adjustable while in use
- Large wheels assist maneuvering